Trauma-Informed Children’s Ministry and Youth Ministry Training
September 15 @ 9:30 am - 12:00 pm
A staff and volunteer training for handling the disregulated child in your programs.
Children who have experienced early trauma often don’t respond to traditional models of discipline or encouragement. If you are interested in learning more about how to get children with difficult behaviors to participate this is the training for you.
*Trauma is a broad category that encompasses a wide range of experiences. Trauma affects any child who has experienced abuse, neglect, medical issues, foster care, adoption, or mild to severe domestic disturbances. Almost half of all children in the U.S. are reported to have experienced at least one traumatic event (Bethell, Newacheck, Hawes & Halfon, 2014).
Saturday, September 15th
Registration 9:30 am
Training 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Peninsula Covenant Church: Fireside Room 20
- Understanding the basics of trauma and its impact on brain development
- Attachment 101 and the importance of supporting the family’s attachment
- Understanding felt safety
- Increasing your knowledge of sensory awareness
- Handling the Oppositional or Defiant Child
- Creating practical expectations