- This event has passed.
Rescheduled Top Tips to Support Children in Times of Uncertainty, Stress, & Transitions
August 23, 2022 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
Rescheduled Top Tips to Support Children in Times of Uncertainty, Stress, and Transitions
This is a second attempt due to a technical difficulty with our July monthly parent training. Learn in this pre-recorded 1 hour training module and then a 30 minute LIVE Question and Answer with Therapist. concrete strategies to support children ages 0-18 when faced with BIG and SMALL life events that cause uncertainty and stress. Children in foster, adoptive or relative caregiver homes who have experienced early childhood trauma and disrupted attachment already have high sensitivity to stress, uncertainty and transitions, so what can we do as parents and caregivers to build resilience and felt safety? Examples of high stress, uncertainty and life transition include removal and foster care placement, moving homes, returning from summer break, coming back to school from extended absences, divorce, loss, stressful or traumatic events (fires, COVID-19, tornadoes, flooding) or starting school for the first time. Learn concrete strategies to help children build resilience and to feel safe at different developmental stages in uncertain, stressful or transition times.
- Learn to describe a big life change/transition for children and teens
- Explain the impact of big life changes/transitions for children and teens
- List the Top T.I.P.S (Trauma Informed Practices and Strategies) to support children and teens with big life transition
- Concrete strategies to help children build resilience and felt safety.
- How to support our children and teens during transitions daily.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_single_image image=”13825″ img_size=”medium” alignment=”center”][vc_column_text]Julie Kurtz is an author, national speaker and expert consulting and training on social-emotional, self-care, trauma and resilience. I promote the concept of optimal brain integration to maximize the human growth potential. I am the Founder and CEO for the Center for Optimal Brain Integration.
Julie Kurtz co-authored the following books:
· Trauma-Informed Practices for Early Childhood Educators: Relationship-Based Approaches that Support Healing and Build Resilience in Young Children
· Culturally Responsive Self-Care Practices for Early Childhood Educators
· Trauma Informed Practices for Early Childhood Educators: Creating and Sustaining Healing and Engaged Organizations (2021)
· Trauma Informed Practices for Early Childhood Educators: Family Engagement with a Strength-Based and Trauma Informed Lens (2022)[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]Julie Kurtz
Founder and CEO – Center for Optimal Brain Integration
Understanding My Brain: Becoming Human(E)! (Ages 4-8 and 5-10)
Facebook Instagram LinkedIn YouTube TikTok[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][/vc_column][/vc_row]