- This event has passed.
Monthly: Supporting Adoptive And Foster Children In Their Birth Family Relationships
September 15 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Navigating relationships with birth family is complicated. Whether you have no contact with your child’s birth family or they are over to your house each week for Sunday dinner, this training is for you! Emily Kaiser, LCSW from Koinonia in Sacramento is our presenter this month.
This training will cover:
- Open and closed adoptions
- The differences between birth family contact while fostering and post adoption
- How to support your child before, during, and after visits with their birth family
- The foster/adoption constellation
- How to know whether post adoption contact is in your child’s best interest
Registration is free but required. Please fill out the form below to register by the registration deadline, 5PM Wednesday, September 11th. If the registration deadline has passed, but you would like to inquire if there might still be room for you (and your child, if needed), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please note that our location for our Monthly Parent Training has permanently moved to New Life Church in Cupertino. We are so thankful for New Life’s partnership in bringing Education to our Adoptive, Foster, and Kinship Parents! The Monthly Parent Training will take place on the third Sunday of every month from 3-5pm. Certificates for RFA hours available by request (email@example.com).