- This event has passed.
Hope for the Journey Conference in San Jose
April 21 – 5:00 pm – April 22 – 3:30 pm
Show Hope’s Hope for the Journey Conference brings together proven, practical teaching and insight as well as everyday, hopeful wisdom for those who are meeting the needs of children impacted by adoption and/or foster care, such as parents/caregivers, teachers, and youth/children’s ministry volunteers. Through this conference, you will gain a better understanding of their complex needs along with resources to equip you as you come alongside them.
Hope for the Journey Conference will include five pre-recorded video sessions based on the foundational principles of Trust-Based Relational Intervention® (TBRI®) along with real stories featuring adult adoptees as well as adoptive and foster families.
Continental breakfast items, cold-cut meats and cheese, snacks, and coffee will be provided but we will not provide an entire meal on either day. We will have a list of restaurant recommendations in the area for our 90-minute lunch break on Saturday.
- $20/ Individual
- $30/ Couple
- Scholarships are available, as we do not want the registration fee to prevent anyone from attending!
Conference Day 1 – April 21
5:00pm – Registration & Childcare Drop Off
5:30pm – Welcome & Module 1: An Introduction to Trust-Based Relational Intervention (TBRI)
7:00pm – 15-minute break
7:15pm – Module 2: Connecting Principles
8:45pm – Closing for Day 1
Conference Day 2 – April 22
9:00am – Registration, Breakfast Goodies, & Childcare Drop Off
9:30am – Welcome & Module 3: Empowering Principles
11:00am – 15-minute break
11:15am – Module 4: Correcting Principles
12:45pm – Break For Lunch (90 mins)
2:15pm – Module 5: The Gospel+TBRI
3:15pm – Closing for Day 2
- Contact Ellie Goulding with any questions.
- Trauma-Informed Childcare available free of charge with advance registration. Childcare sign ups are first come, first serve and if we reach capacity, a waitlist will be created. The registration deadline is the Monday prior to the conference (if space is still available).
- Open to all foster, adoptive, & kinship parents and caregivers, plus the professionals who support them! It is a faith-based conference and all are welcome! Gather with other parents and caregivers who get it!
- Can’t attend both days? No problem, join for just one!
- Scholarships are available based on financial need through Help One Child, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. We don’t want anyone turned away due to $.
- Have questions? Please reach out to Ellie Goulding, the NBC Ministry Intern: email@example.com or Cristin Winn Reyes, the HOC Director of Education and Support Groups: firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.