- This event has passed.
Hope for the Journey Conference in San Francisco
May 12 – 5:00 pm – May 13 – 3:30 pm PDT
Show Hope’s Hope for the Journey Conference brings together proven, practical teaching and insight as well as everyday, hopeful wisdom for those who are meeting the needs of children impacted by adoption and/or foster care, such as parents/caregivers, teachers, and youth/children’s ministry volunteers. Through this conference, you will gain a better understanding of their complex needs along with resources to equip you as you come alongside them.
Hope for the Journey Conference will include five pre-recorded video sessions based on the foundational principles of Trust-Based Relational Intervention® (TBRI®) along with real stories featuring adult adoptees as well as adoptive and foster families.
Both days snacks, water, tea and coffee are provided. We’ll have Friday dinner, Saturday continental breakfast items, and Saturday lunch provided. Children will receive water, snacks, and a meal each day in childcare so that parents can enjoy respite and adult conversations with other parents and professionals who get it over mealtime!
- $20/ Individual
- $30/ Couple
- Scholarships are available, as we do not want the registration fee to prevent anyone from attending!
Conference Day 1 – May 12
5:00pm – Check in, Childcare Drop Off, & Dinner Served
5:30pm – Welcome & Module 1: An Introduction to Trust-Based Relational Intervention (TBRI) & Brief Partner Sharing
7:00pm – 5-10 minute break
7:10pm – Module 2: Connecting Principles & Brief Partner Sharing
9:05pm – Closing for Day 1
Conference Day 2 – May 13
9:00am – Check in, Breakfast Goodies, & Childcare Drop Off
9:30am – Welcome & Module 3: Empowering Principles & Brief Partner Sharing
11:20 am – Lunch break & Invitation to Discuss Modules 1-3
12:20 am – Module 4: Correcting Principles & Brief Partner Sharing
2:10pm – Module 5: The Gospel+TBRI & Brief Partner Sharing
3:30pm – Closing for Day 2 & Conference
- Trauma-Informed Childcare available free of charge with advance registration. Childcare sign ups are first come, first serve and if we reach capacity, a waitlist will be created. The registration deadline is the Monday prior to the conference (if space is still available).
- Open to all foster, adoptive, & kinship parents and caregivers, plus the professionals who support them! It is a faith-based conference and all are welcome! Gather with other parents and caregivers who get it!
- Can’t attend both days? No problem, join for just one!
- Scholarships are available based on financial need through Help One Child, simply email email@example.com for assistance.
- Have questions? Please reach out to Katherine Tom, Help One Child San Francisco Regional Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.