- This event has passed.
Hope for the Journey Conference in Santa Rosa
May 5 – 12:00 pm – May 6 – 3:30 pm
Show Hope’s Hope for the Journey Conference brings together proven, practical teaching and insight as well as everyday, hopeful wisdom for those who are meeting the needs of children impacted by adoption and/or foster care, such as parents/caregivers, teachers, and youth/children’s ministry volunteers. Through this conference, you will gain a better understanding of their complex needs along with resources to equip you as you come alongside them.
Hope for the Journey Conference will include five pre-recorded video sessions based on the foundational principles of Trust-Based Relational Intervention® (TBRI®) along with real stories featuring adult adoptees as well as adoptive and foster families.
Warm hospitality, plus Friday lunch, Saturday Continental breakfast items, Saturday lunch, and BOTH DAYS snacks, water, tea and coffee will be provided. Children will receive snacks, meals, and water during childcare to offer respite for parents to connect with other parents and professionals who get it!
Conference Day 1 – May 5
12:00pm – Registration & Childcare Drop Off
12:30pm – Welcome & Module 1: An Introduction to Trust-Based Relational Intervention (TBRI)
2:15pm – 10-minute break
2:25pm – Module 2: Connecting Principles
4:00pm – Closing for Day 1
Conference Day 2 – May 6
9:00am – Registration, Breakfast Goodies, & Childcare Drop Off
9:30am – Welcome & Module 3: Empowering Principles
11:30 am -5 minute break
11:35 am – Module 4: Correcting Principles
1:00pm – Break For Lunch (60 mins)
2:00pm – Module 5: The Gospel+TBRI
3:15-3:30pm – Closing for Day 2 & Conference
- Trauma-Informed Childcare available free of charge with advance registration. Childcare sign ups are first come, first serve and if we reach capacity, a waitlist will be created. The registration deadline is the Monday prior to the conference (if space is still available).
- Open to all foster, adoptive, & kinship parents and caregivers, plus the professionals who support them! It is a faith-based conference and all are welcome! Gather with other parents and caregivers who get it!
- Can’t attend both days? No problem, join for just one!
- Scholarships are available based on financial need through Help One Child, simply email email@example.com for assistance. We don’t want anyone turned away due to $.
- Have questions? Please reach out to Emma Caster, the Help One Child San Francisco County Regional Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org or Cristin Winn Reyes, the Help One Child Director of Education and Support Groups: email@example.com for further information.