Fund the Mission
Engage Your Church
Peninsula & South Bay
Contra Costa County
Adoptive, Foster & Kinship Families
Staff & Board
Tier 2 Application
Driver's License Number
Indicate if you are unemployed or a student.
Previous Volunteer Experience
Please list any other organizations you have volunteered for.
Name of church
Does your church have a foster care ministry?
I'm Not Sure
What is your motivation for wanting to work with at-risk families and children?
What experience do you have working with at-risk youth?
Are you familiar with: the book ‘When Helping Hurts’, Adverse Childhood Experiences’ Quiz, or have you received any trauma-informed training?
Please tell us about any training, specific job skills or other qualifications that you feel may contribute to this volunteer position.
Is there anything else you would like to tell us about yourself?
I Agree ...
I acknowledge that I have carefully read and fully understand this agreement and its contents. I am aware that this is a release of liability between myself and Help One Child and/or the church listed above.
1. Volunteers shall not enter into any relationship with any Help One Child client/participant outside of the expected work setting.
2. Volunteers who have a preexisting personal, social, or financial relationship with a client/participant shall not provide direct services to that individual.
3. Volunteers will not knowingly enter into a personal, social, or financial relationship with a person who has been a client/participant of Help One Child within the last five years.
4. Personal relationships between volunteers and client/participants or former clients/participants that are social, financial, or sexual cannot be part of an accepted working relationship and are prohibited.
5. Should volunteers encounter Help One Child clients in the community, it is not appropriate to mention or discuss the client’s relationship or history with Help One Child in the presence of a third party unless the client mentions it first.
6. Volunteers need to report any suspicion that a minor client of Help One Child may have been abused. Should you suspect abuse has occurred, report your suspicions to your supervisor immediately. Help One Child staff will ascertain whether your information or observations should be reported to County Child Protective Services or law enforcement. Staff will complete the required reports should they be necessary.
7. Illegal use of drugs and use of intoxicants including alcoholic beverages by a volunteer during work performance will be grounds for immediate dismissal. A volunteer found selling or using drugs on the premises is subject to immediate dismissal.
8. I understand that any equipment, crafts or other materials provided by the nonprofit are and remain the property of the nonprofit and I agree to return any remaining materials to the nonprofit at the end of my volunteer service.
9. I understand Help One Child is a Religious nonprofit rooted in the Christian tradition. In my work as a volunteer, I will honor and respect Help One Child by not introducing perspectives or an agenda contrary to the mission.
10. Help One Child is a safe and efficient place in which to work. As a volunteer, you are asked to be vigilant in your efforts to protect your personal safety and the safety of others. Moreover, if you identify a condition or practice that appears to be unsafe, contact your supervisor immediately.
11. I understand that I will be added to Help One Child's monthly email list as part of my participation in this program (volunteers can unsubscribe from the list at any time).
12. Unacceptable Behavior Leading to Dismissal from the Volunteer Program:
Omission or falsification of pertinent facts or personal information on an application
Gross misconduct or insubordination
Conflict of interest
Sexual or other inappropriate conduct with clients
Abuse of, mistreatment of, or failure to work harmoniously with clients or coworkers
Being under the influence of alcohol or drugs
Theft of property or misuse of agency equipment or materials
Volunteers who do not adhere to the policies and procedures of the program or who fail to satisfactorily perform their volunteer assignment are subject to dismissal.
Working with children and families from hard places can be challenging and is not for everyone. Due to the sensitive nature of the population we serve, volunteer acceptance and dismissal is within the discretion of the Executive Director.
MM slash DD slash YYYY