How to apply to be a Signs Of Hope Camp counselor:
- Submit a Counselor Application (red button to the left). Please click the appropriate application determined by if you have been a counselor at Signs Of Hope camp in the past.
- You will be sent an automated email confirming your camper application submission. This email will include important details regarding your next steps, training dates, and fundraising.
- First-time counselors:
- You will be asked to schedule an interview with Danielle and the Camp Intern.
- If you are over the age of 18, you will also need to be LiveScanned at the latest one week prior to camp. Your automatic email will include the LiveScan Form and Instructions.
- All full-time counselors will be asked to attend training prior to camp to ensure that you are prepared and equipped for the week. These training are mandatory. If you are unable to attend, you will need to make up the training at a later date.
Prior to Camp:
- Interview with Leadership Team
- Get LiveScanned
- Attend a mandatory trainings
- Fundraise for camperships ($500 – see fundraising tools below)
- Collect decorations for your cabin based on camp theme
- Pray for your campers
- Arrive Saturday morning, August 6, to prepare your cabin and set up camp!
- Lead your campers through their daily schedule – meals, field games, quiet time, pool fun, ropes course, and other activities facilitated by Mission Springs staff
- Attend daily counselor devotionals
- Assist in meeting the individual camper’s needs – spiritual, emotional, social, and physical
- Maintain morale & support campers with a positive attitude and Biblical approach
- Know the whereabouts of each camper in your cabin every minute of the day
- Stay on time for meetings, activities, and meals
- Report any incidents to the Leadership Team and call for behavioral assistance when needed
- Assist campers in maintaining cabin cleanliness
- HAVE FUN!
- Counselor Appreciation Party!
- Thank and report back to your supporters and church
Volunteer for other Help One Child programs, and continue relationships with campers and other children in foster care!
All Full-Time Counselors are required to attend all of the mandatory training.
Orientation Training: This training is for all first-time counselors. If you are a returning counselor, you do not need to attend.
Date: July 11th
First Training: This training is for all first-time and returning counselors.
Date: July 18th
Second Training: This training is for all first-time and returning counselors.
Date: July 25th
Third Training: This training is for all first-time and returning counselors.
Date: August 1st
Host a Donation Drive at your church!
We’ve got you covered! We’ll provide the flyers and materials if you host a table at your church in July. Email Danielle@helponechild.org for more information.
- Host a Paint Nite with your friends! Click here for more information.
- Start a Go Fund Me page and share with your friends and family on Facebook.
- Email Valerie@helponechild.org and let’s brainstorm together!
We’re preparing a Sample Letter for you to send out to friends and family.
Come back soon for the downloadable copy!
Help One Child and Mission Springs staff are committed to maintaining a healthy and safe environment for our campers, families, and staff. We have established COVID-19 protocols and guidelines based on Santa Cruz County and CDC guidelines.
- Proof of vaccination or a negative covid test upon arrival
- A high frequency and level of sanitation procedures – handwashing, cabin cleaning, etc.
- A streamlined process for camper drop-off/pick-up
It is still too early to tell what detailed masking and health screening protocols will be for summer. As we all know, much can change in a short period of time. We will continue to keep you updated on any covid-19 health and safety protocols as summer gets closer.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact Help One Child.