Do you have a heart for at-risk youth?
Join us on a local mission trip and serve at
Help One Child’s Signs of Hope Camp
August 7-12, 2016!
Camp is offered free to foster children, so each volunteer is asked to raise support to maximize the number of campers able to attend. (See below for fundraising requirements and tools.)
Please download the application and email to Valerie@helponechild.org or mail to Help One Child, ATTN: Valerie Crane at the address below.
- New Full-Time Volunteer Application
- Returning Full-Time Volunteer Application
- Volunteer Live Scan Form
Our Promise to You
As a volunteer for Signs of Hope Camp, you will have the opportunity to care for children in foster care while they experience all the wonders of camp. To support your role, we promise each volunteer that we will…
- Prepare your mind, heart and hands so that your soul is fed while you serve the needs of others. Professional trainings will be held in advance of camp to enable you to better understand and respond to the emotional and behavioral challenges of children who have suffered deeply from abuse or neglect;
- Care for your physical and spiritual well-being throughout your journey. Our Prayer Team will communicate regularly to encourage you. There will be time for personal and group devotions for reflection and renewal during each day at camp.
- Keep you involved with opportunities to support foster children and their families throughout the year. Help One Child offers year-round programming and opportunities to work hands-on with foster children. For a list of upcoming opportunities, click here. Help a child heal through your committed support and care.
- Provide support and resources as you fundraise for camp. Some are called to serve by being the hands and feet of Jesus and others are called to provide the resources. It is our responsibility that no one be left out! It can be easy to reach your goal if you use a biblical approach. We have several tools and ways you can engage your community in support of your mission to give the gift of camp to a foster child ($500).
Join us on Wednesday, July 6th at Testarossa Winery for a Camp Fundraiser! Go here for more details.
Mandatory Saturday Training, July 23rd from 9AM-3PM
Union Presbyterian Church, 858 University Ave. Los Altos, 94024
August 7th – Arrival at Signs of Hope Camp
Volunteer Positions Include:
- Cabin Counselors (Sun-Fri, with a mandatory training)
- Jr. Counselors (Sun-Fri, with a mandatory training)
- Scrapbookers (Day or Evening trip)
- Photographers (Day or Evening trip)
- Part Time Relief Counselors (Day or Evening trip)
LiveScan background clearances are required for all full-time volunteers. Click here for locations and fees.
Click here for the Counselors’ Responsibilities and What to Expect!
The Signs of Hope Camp is made possible by a grant from Menlo Church to underwrite costs. Funds raised will go towards the cost of sending kids to camp.
We are preparing a place for you.
Please contact Valerie Crane (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions, or call 650-917-1210. Let us help you be there!