We’ll prepare your mind, heart and hands so that your
soul is fed while you serve the needs of others.
Join us on a local mission trip and serve at
Thank you for considering this local mission trip! Please complete this application and submit as soon as possible. Please complete all answers, as the information is vital to your acceptance and possible placement as a counselor. All information is held strictly confidential. Must be at least 16 years of age to attend.
Prior to Camp:
- Submit your application, waiver, and statement of faith
- Interview with Leadership Team
- Get LiveScanned
- Attend a mandatory training
- Fundraise for camperships ($500 – see fundraising tools below)
- Collect decorations for your cabin based on camp theme
- Pray for your campers
- Arrive Sunday morning, August 4, to prepare your cabin and set up camp!
- Lead your campers through their daily schedule – meals, field games, quiet time, pool fun, ropes course, and other activities facilitated by Mission Springs staff
- Read and abide by the Counselor Code of Conduct
- Attend daily counselor devotionals
- Assist in meeting the individual camper’s needs – spiritual, emotional, social, and physical
- Maintain morale & support campers with a positive attitude and Biblical approach
- Know whereabouts of each camper in your cabin every minute of the day
- Stay on time for meeting, activities and meals
- Report any incidents to the Leadership Team and call for behavioral assistance when needed
- Assist campers in maintaining cabin cleanliness
- HAVE FUN!
- Counselor Appreciation Party!
- Thank and report back to your supporters and church
Volunteer for other Help One Child programs, and continue relationships with campers and other children in foster care!
All Full-Time Counselors are required to attend two mandatory trainings.
Thursday, July 26th 6:00 – 8:30 PM at Help One Child, Los Altos
Curriculum: Camp Operations and Introduction to the Foster Care System
Monday, July 30th 6:00 – 8:30 PM at Help One Child, Los Altos
Curriculum: Discussion of Trauma and its effects on the Brain
Clothes Check List:
- Comfortable close-toes walking/hiking shoes
- T-Shirts (modest sleeveless shirts are ok)
- Sweatshirt and/or jacket
- Modest pajamas/sweats
- Modest swimsuit (Ladies must bring a one-piece suit or wear a t-shirt over their two-piece suit)
- Flip flops for pool/shower
- Beach towel
- Towels and washcloths
- Soap, shampoo, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc.
- Lip balm
- Bug spray
- Any necessary medications (will need to be given to the nurse)
- Sleeping bag
Extra Necessary Supplies:
- Watch and/or alarm clock
- Cabin Decorations
- Refillable water bottle
- A positive and flexible attitude!
- Speaker for music (no electricity in cabins)
- Snacks and games for counselors (we will store them in the dining hall)
- For campers at bedtime: books to read aloud, colored pens/markers/crayons/pencils and scratch paper, mellow music
What NOT to bring to camp:
- Gifts/Candy/Snacks/Soda for the children
- Secular music
- Any valuables
- Anything dangerous (knives, etc.)
On arrival, you will receive:
- Counselor Nametag
- Counselor T-Shirt
- Master Schedule / Cabin Activity Schedule
- Camp Map
- Memory Book Guidelines
Download a check list here!
Invite your friends to our Signs of Hope Camp Fundraisers!
Join us for the annual 4th of July Pancake Breakfast at Union Presbyterian Church! Cost: Donation Only. All proceeds from the event will go toward Signs of Hope Camp.
When: Wednesday, July 4
Time: 8:30 AM – 11:00 AM
Where: Union Presbyterian Church
Join us for a summer afternoon on the beautiful outdoor patio at Testarossa Winery with tasty hors d’oeuvres, awesome raffle prizes, and more!
When: Sunday, July 29
Time: 1:00 – 5:00 PM
Where: Testarossa Winery, Los Gatos
Click here for more information!
Host a Donation Drive at your church!
We’ve got you covered! We’ll provide the flyers and materials if you host a table at your church in July. Email Danielle@helponechild.org for more information.
- Host a Paint Nite with your friends! Click here for more information.
- Start a Go Fund Me page and share with your friends and family on Facebook.
- Email Valerie@helponechild.org and let’s brainstorm together!
We’re preparing a Sample Letter for you to send out to friends and family.
Come back soon for the downloadable copy!