Fund the Mission
Engage Your Church
Peninsula & South Bay
Contra Costa County
Adoptive, Foster & Kinship Families
Staff & Board
Camp Volunteers 2020
Do you currently attend a church? If so, where do you attend?
Please be specific. If you attend a multi sight campus, include the city.
Have you volunteered with Help One Child before?
I am interested in volunteering as a...
Registration Team Member
First Aid Nurse
Photographer and/or Videographer
Opening Registration (7:00am-10:00am)
Closing Registration (7:00pm-9:00pm)
Registration volunteers are needed to ensure the check-in and check out process of campers goes smoothly. Please indicate which shifts you would be interested in serving.
Opening Registration Nurse (7:00am-10:00am)
Day Nurse (10:00am-5:00pm)
Closing Registration Nurse (5:00pm-9:00pm)
Our primary goal is to keep our campers and volunteers safe. In order to do so, we staff our event with accessible first aid nurses. Especially during the COVID pandemic, we need to take extra precautions around the health of those involved in this program.
Do you have certification in any of the following?
Please check all that apply
Opening Registration Photographer (7:00am-10:00am)
Day Photographer/Videographer (10:00am-2:00pm)
Evening Photographer/Videographer (2:00pm-6:00pm)
Photographer volunteers are needed to help us capture this event. Traditionally, we use these photographs to send the campers home with documents of their fond memories from camp. We also use videos and photos to promote camp as a program on our website and social media.
We will divide the campers into 8-10 groups based on their age and gender. Each group will have two counselors.
Address Line 2
State / Province / Region
ZIP / Postal Code
Antigua and Barbuda
Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba
Bosnia and Herzegovina
British Indian Ocean Territory
Central African Republic
Congo, Democratic Republic of the
Congo, Republic of the
French Southern Territories
Heard and McDonald Islands
Isle of Man
Lao People's Democratic Republic
Northern Mariana Islands
Palestine, State of
Papua New Guinea
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Pierre and Miquelon
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Sao Tome and Principe
Svalbard and Jan Mayen Islands
Trinidad and Tobago
Turks and Caicos Islands
US Minor Outlying Islands
United Arab Emirates
Virgin Islands, British
Virgin Islands, U.S.
Wallis and Futuna
Date Format: MM slash DD slash YYYY
Highest level of education
Doctoral or Professional Degree
Do you have previous volunteer experience or experience supervising children?
If yes, please explain.
Volunteer Code of Ethics and Professional Standards
1. Volunteers shall not enter into any relationship with any Help One Child client/participant outside of the expected work setting.
2. Volunteers who have preexisting personal, social, or financial relationship with a client/participant shall not provide direct services to that individual.
3. Volunteers will not knowingly enter into a personal, social, or financial relationship with a person who has been a client/participant of Help One Child within the last five years.
4. Personal relationships between volunteers and client/participants or former clients/participants that are social, financial, or sexual cannot be part of an accepted working relationship and are prohibited.
5. Should volunteers encounter Help One Child clients in the community, it is not appropriate to mention or discuss the client’s relationship or history with Help One Child in the presence of a third party unless the client mentions it first.
6. Volunteers need to report any suspicion that a minor client of Help One Child may have been abused. Should you suspect abuse has occurred, report your suspicions to your supervisor immediately. Help One Child staff will ascertain whether your information or observations should be reported to County Child Protective Services or law enforcement. Staff will complete the required reports should they be necessary.
7. Illegal use of drugs and the use of intoxicants including alcoholic beverages by a volunteer during work performance will be grounds for immediate dismissal. A volunteer found selling or using drugs on the premises is subject to immediate dismissal.
8. I understand that any equipment, crafts or other materials provided by the nonprofit are and remain the property of the nonprofit and I agree to return any remaining materials to the nonprofit at the end of my volunteer service.
9. I understand Help One Child is a Religious nonprofit rooted in the Christian tradition. In my work as a volunteer, I will honor and respect Help One Child by not introducing perspectives or an agenda contrary to the mission.
10. Help One Child is a safe and efficient place in which to work. As a volunteer, you are asked to be vigilant in your efforts to protect your personal safety and the safety of others. Moreover, if you identify a condition or practice that appears to be unsafe, contact your supervisor immediately.
11. I understand that I will be added to Help One Child's monthly email list as part of my participation in this program (volunteers can unsubscribe from the list at any time).
12. Unacceptable Behavior Leading to Dismissal from the Volunteer Program:
Omission or falsification of pertinent facts or personal information on an application
Gross misconduct or insubordination
Conflict of interest
Sexual or other inappropriate conduct with clients
Abuse of, mistreatment of, or failure to work harmoniously with clients or coworkers
Being under the influence of alcohol or drugs
Theft of property or misuse of agency equipment or materials
Volunteers who do not adhere to the policies and procedures of the program or who fail to satisfactorily perform their volunteer assignment are subject to dismissal.
Working with children and families from hard places can be challenging and is not for everyone. Due to the sensitive nature of the population we serve, volunteer acceptance and dismissal is within the discretion of the Executive Director.
Date Format: MM slash DD slash YYYY